2018/01/07

Horror Movie Quote Quiz :)


I am not a big fan of the Horror film genre, but for fun I participated in a quiz where I was given well known quotes from horror films and then had to figure out which films they can from. It was fun - even if it took ages for me to figure out the answers. I think a few of them might have been wrong so please let me know if you attribute any of these quotes to a different film. I listed the film and release date for each quote.


Welcome to the dark side – Tales from the Darkside (1983-1988)

Wanna play a game? Here’s Johnny – The Shining (1980)

Shhh, I see dead people.- The Sixth Sense (1999)

I’m sick of people who don’t appreciate their blessings – Saw (2004)

Clear your mind... I know what scares you – Poltergeist (1982)

Attention Kmart shoppers – Beetle juice (1988)

Gonna need a bigger boat – Jaws (1975)

What ever you do, don’t fall asleep – Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Puts lotion in the basket – Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Never drink wine – Dracula (1992)

They’re here – Bettlejuice (1988)

The power of Christ compels you – the Exorcist (1973)

They’re coming to get you – Night of the Living Dead (1968)

We take off and nuke the entire site from orbit – Aliens (1986)

I'm not going to be ignored – Fatal Attraction (1987)

Don't let them get away with this – Friday the Thirteenth (1980)

A boy’s best friend is his mother – Psycho (1960)

Never trust the living – Beetlejuice (1988)

There’s just some things you got to do – Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)

Must be on the dark side – Tales from the Dark Side (1983-1988)

You can check in, but you can’t check out – Nightmare on Elm Street 4 (1988)

We’re friends until the end – Child’s Play (1988)

Ghost with the most – Beetlejuice (1988)

No screaming – Scream (1996)

While the snake is in motion – Snakes on a plane (2006)

Never Say his name – Candyman (1992)

Three times – Beetlejuice (1998)

I promise that it is not a fun ride – It (1990)

Walk through the place where nightmares are made – Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

A place I like to call the further – Insidious (2010)

It’s show time – Beetlejuice (1988)

Go ahead and make my millennium – Beetlejuice (1988)

Why are you screaming? - Kicking and Screaming (2005)

I absolutely love games – Coraline (2009)

Baseball bats and boogie men – Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

I love to laugh – Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

The Dark side has a twisted sense of humor – Tales from the Darkside (1983-1988)

Who ya gonna call – Ghostbusters (1984)

What ever you do don’t fall asleep – Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

I’ll get you my pretties and your little souls too – Freddy’s dead: the final nightmare (1991)


So, would you have a particular quote you would be interested in adding to the list? If you love horror films, which film is your favorite? Why?

2 comments:

  1. Which one of the films was your favorite. I really like supernatural films so Hellraiser is mine. It isn't on your list though' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought of Ghostbusters or Coraline as horror films, but I guess they are if I think about it. I really liked Coraline, but I don't really have any interest in any of the others. Slasher stuff doesn't do anything for me.

    ReplyDelete